Volunteers with Living Through Loss Counselling Society of BC
Counsellors and Office Staff |
The Board |
Elsie Palmer |
Volunteer opportunities with LTLC
- Board positions
- Fundraising support
- Office support
We are interested in people who would like to give their time and expertise
compassionate and caring environment. If you are this kind of person
please phone us.
Note from the President
We know from many levels of understanding that what makes great organizations are great people. The key to Living Through Loss's existence is that it surrounds itself with great people and that is why I chose to volunteer for LTLC.
I have been a dedicated volunteer for 30 years because I have found a significant piece of my life's passion in volunteerism. I have been associated with the agency for 20 years, first as a office volunteer and then later on, nominated to sit on the Board and the rest is history.
I invite anyone interested in providing support to the community to look into volunteering at Living Through Loss Counselling.
Cheryl L. Bucar
Board Chair and President of LTLC
Interested in Volunteering??
LTLC has a variety of fundraising events that need your help:
Garage Sales (pretty self explanatory)
- Held once a year
- Duties include item sorting and pricing the night before, and working on the day of the sale
Clothing Sample Sales (this is a sample sale in a private environment – not retail)
- Usually held in May and November from 10 - 9 on a week-day
- Duties include interacting with potential clothes buyers and telling people they look wonderful?
- Hanging up clothes and maintaining the tidiness of the room
- Cash, Visa and Interac experience an asset
Annual “Angels Off Broadway” (an evening of music and laughter)
- Usually held on a Spring evening
- Duties include helping with administrative and advertising duties prior to the event - such as ticket sales, postering, etc.
- Helping with the actual event in the ways of front of house, CD sales, set-up, tear-down and other related event duties.
Do you have any suggestions for fundraisers? We are always
happy to hear new ideas!
We are also always on the look out for people to help out at conferences, creating and organizing promotional
materials etc. Please take a look below and check all that
apply to you.
Please contact us if you are interested in volunteering or call the office at 604-873-5013.